The development process will typically oscillate between the following steps:
- 1.Make changes to an application.
- 2.Save an application to produce a draft.
- 3.Review that application in a client or the preview tool to see what updates need to be made.
When the application is ready for consumption, the next step is to publish the application.
Drafts are only visible to users with the Owner and Developer roles, or custom roles that have the
version:updatepermission. This means that users with only the default User and/or Manager role will only see published applications.
To publish an application, select
button when viewing the application's dashboard.
Publishing an application will push a new version of the application to all users that have read access to the application. Users will receive a notification that the application has been updated and updates to the application will be reflected when the user exits and re-enters that application.
Saving a published application will create a draft that is accessible by roles with the
version:updatepermission. To create a new published version, the Publish option should be used again.
Applications can be hidden from the domain by archiving them using the archive button on the application dashboard. Archived applications are not deleted, and, if required, they can be recovered by end users with the role-based permission or by any administrator.
To archive an application:
- Open the application in the dashboard.
- Select the "Archive application" button located in the top-right of the selected application's overview page.
- A confirmation modal will appear prior to archiving the application.
- Select ARCHIVE to continue the archive action.
Once an application has been archived, it is no longer visible in the list of applications found under the Application Dashboard page. To find the archived application:
- 1.Log into the Skylight Web Portal and navigate to the
Application Dahsboard > Applicationspage.
- 2.Change the default search filter to
Archivedapplications by following these steps:
- 1.Click on the magnifying glass icon found in search input box (upper-right) of Applications page.
- 2.Change the
Archived, then click the
SAVEbutton to apply the filter.
- 3.Skylight will now display a list of all applications with a status of
Archivedin the Applications page.
- 4.Select and open the archived application to be restored.
Archived applications can be restored using one of two methods:
- 2.Console Command - Used by administrators to unarchive ANY application.
- 1.Navigate to the selected, archived application's "Overview" page.
- 2.Click on the "Unarchive" button in the upper-right of the page.
- 3.The application will be restored.
If you receive an error message while trying to unarchive, you most likely do not have the proper role-based permission to unarchive the selected application. Contact your administrator of the owner of the application.
As a Skylight administrator:
- 1.Navigate to the selected, archived application's "Overview" page and copy the
- 3.Run the following:
App IDfrom step 5.
- 4.Reset the filter on the Applications page to show active applications and refresh the page if necessary. The application should be restored.