Step 1: Install and Configure the Workflow Quick Start Application
- 1.Navigate to the Skylight web portal. Select Applications on the sidebar and clickin the lower right corner to add a new application.
- 2.Select Import file, then choose the application bundle .zip file you downloaded.
- 3.The application will now appear in the application list. Hover over the application and click Open Dashboard to configure further.
Workflow Templates are assigned to users based on the group in which they are a member of. In this step, a new user group called "Workflow Template Users" will be created.
If you are using the free Skylight Developer Edition, use the Universal Calling Group name in your templates, since it has been pre-created for you. The Developer Edition does not includes access to create and edit groups.
To create a new group:
- 1.Open the Groups page under the User Management tab.
- 2.Select the Add Group buttonin the bottom right.
- 3.In the Group details sidebar, enter
Workflow Template Usersas the Group name and description (optional).
- 4.In the MEMBERS tab, select New user and type the name of each user you want to add. Select the user to add them to the group.
- 5.Select SAVE to create the group.
To add a group to the application:
- 1.Open the Application Dashboard by hovering over the application and clicking on OPEN DASHBOARD. Select Permissions on the sidebar.
- 2.Select the Add users buttonin the bottom right.
- 3.Type of the name of the group to search and assign the role
User.Then select ADD USERS(s) to give them access to the application.
By default, when a new Skylight Application is imported, all application roles are assigned to the Skylight User that imported the application.
full control; can see unpublished changes in the application
Used for the Excel Workflow Synchronization tool and to view submitted/completed work session from the web client. Cannot receive nor execute workflows.
Receive and execute workflows
In application Permissions, remove all roles except
Ownerfrom your user's set of roles. As the
Owner, you will have full control over the application.
Configure your application with at least one user or group with
Managerrole and at least one group with
Userrole. Visit Working with Workflows as a Manager to learn more about what a
The application must be published in order for it to be synchronized to users' devices. To publish the application:
- 1.Open the Application Dashboard.
- 2.Click the publish button.
- 3.A confirmation dialog will appear. Click PUBLISH to make the application available to all users.