Release notes for the Skylight client for Android mobile devices.
- In-app navigation drawer and bottom navigation UX improvements
- Enhanced session syncing performance, particularly in low-network environments
- Support for resetting account password from mobile client
- Improved user experience when performing a navigation action that results in opening the current collection view but populating it with different view data
- First time users can now sign directly into the client with their temporary passcode to finish account setup without first having to visit the Web Portal
- Resolved issue where auto-sized images would not always be consistently sized
- Applications list now properly loads after authenticating via QR code scan
- Fixed an issue where sessions could break if a phone was restarted
- Resolved an issue where keyboard sometimes fail to appear when editing a text annotation
- Frontline Apps users can now access “Frontline Cloud” as an option from the server selection menu during authorization
- During client authorization, connecting to a domain that has exactly one SSO method enabled automatically expands the SSO webview for the user
- Improved accuracy of code can code activity
- Resolved an issue during authorization where trusting an on-prem certificate would force the user to have to redo the previous action
- Added support for viewing, creating, and editing annotations on media inside the media viewer activity
- Media Viewer: Developers can now set a media gallery to be read-only, preventing accidental deletion or annotations
- Media Viewer: Added ability to remove session media along with associated annotations
- Misc stability improvements
- Resolved issue where certain icons were rendered too small
- Resolved issue with media sync failing upon application close
- Media cards bound to session media can now be selected
- Added ability for app developers to present users with event-driven dialogs and confirmation prompts
- Added ability to dynamically change the list of card-based actions and app menu actions based on application state
- Support added for certificate pinning when connecting to an on-prem server
- Added additional properties to showNotification, such as addition of button-based actions, allowing for better end user and developer experience
- Improved the UX surrounding text input:
- Developers can customize what properties are seen by users and set it existing text is pre-highlighted
- Support added for header text and trailing text
- Support added for using glyph-based icons
- Developers can now specify what sessions and what parts of a session (data and/or media) should be synced to the client
- Fixed an issue with image card always sizing itself to min size when the media was pointing to an external GIF asset.
- User is now automatically navigated out from an archived application.
- Support for photo capture with flash and delay options
- Support for capturing video with flash and delay options
- Fixed and custom constrained card sizes are now supported on all card types
- Resolved an issue where generating a pair a device code from Android client would crash smart glasses or iOS clients when they scanned the code
- Web-based views no longer always refresh when selected
- Support for responsive card sizes
- Support for
descriptionproperties on views
- Support for
startMediaViewermethod and client-facing experience
- Support for
- Support for
- Support for glyphs on the card
- Support for the
statusproperty for user presence on
- In-call control UX improvements
February 19th, 2021First general release of the Android client for next-gen Skylight applications.
- Card Support: Text, HTML, Table, Image.
- View Support: List, Collection.
- Video Calling: Make and receive "see-what-I-see" video calls. Features include: 1:1 or group calls, core call controls, call notifications in foreground and background, snapshots, snapshot annotation, and media gallery.
- Data & Media Capture: Capture photos, scan barcodes, input text, and input data from Bluetooth devices.
- Health Tests: Run network, API, and MQTT health tests.
- Authorization QR Code Generation - QR codes for the user’s Skylight credentials can be generated directly from the mobile app for scanning and signing in to smart glasses.
Android 7.0 or newer