User guide for the Skylight web client.
To sign into Skylight on the web:
- 2.If your administrator has configured Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), select Sign in with SAML. Otherwise, enter your username and password and select Sign in.
To sign out of Skylight on the web:
- 1.In the left navigation bar, select Sign Out.
- 2.You will be navigated back to the Skylight login page.
To change your password:
- 1.Hover over your avatar or initials in the top right and select Change password.
- 2.Enter your current password and new password. Confirm your new password, and then select Update.
Your new password:
- must be at least 8 characters
- cannot be the username
- cannot be the same as the previous 10 passwords
To launch a Skylight application:
- 1.Select Run web client from the left navigation menu or from the home page.
- 2.From there, you will see a list of all of your applications.
- 3.To refresh the list of applications, select the sidebar menu and click Perform Sync.
The Skylight web client can be run from the browser or downloaded as an app. To install the web client on your computer as an application:
- 1.Open Google Chrome.
- 2.Navigate to the Skylight web portal and open the web client by selecting Run web client from the home page.
- 3.Once the web client opens, select the + or download icon on the right side of the URL.
- 4.When prompted to install the app, select Install.
- 5.The app will automatically be installed onto your computer and opened.
With Skylight calling, you can make a voice or video call and connect with up to four users at a time. To use Skylight Live video calling:
- 1.Open the web client. Once the client is open, you can receive calls from other users in your organization.
- 2.To make a call, open an application that has calling capabilities. Within the application, select a card that creates a call room.
- 3.You will be navigated into a call room. In-call actions will appear at the base and sides of the window.
- 4.Once other users join the call, you'll see the active speaker in the main view.
- 5.There are various actions you can perform while in-call:
To share your screen while in-call:
- 1.Select thebutton.
- 2.Select Share screen.
- 3.You can select your full desktop or a specific application window to share, then click Share.
- 4.Only one person can share their screen at a time.
To take snapshots while in-call:
- 1.Select the snapshot button
- 2.If taking a snapshot of another user's feed, you'll be alerted that a snapshot has been requested.
- 3.Once the snapshot is ready, all users will be notified. You can select View to open it full-screen.
- 4.To add annotations to the image, begin drawing directly on the image with the pencil tool. Other users will see your annotations.
- 5.If you'd like to change the color of the pencil, click on the palette icon and choose a color.
To invite a guest user who does not have a Skylight account to a call:
- 1.Select thebutton.
- 2.Select Invite guests.
- 3.Copy and share the join link(s) with the guest(s). Each link may be used only once. Upon clicking the link, the guest will be placed into the call.
When navigated inside a media viewer activity, the user can navigate between media files using swipe gestures on a touchpad, by pressing the on-screen directional arrow buttons, or by pressing hotkeys on the keyboard.
Selected photo inside the media viewer activity